“The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store”: American Progress
Abby Edwards, Scoop Writer • May 3, 2024

In “The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store” by James McBride, It is no secret that Chicken Hill is a place of struggle, and in 1930, Jews and African Americans had to depend...

Archives

‘Flight 8’ Has Taken Off

Zach LaVine has already built quite the legacy as a Bulls player. Source: The Chicago Sun-Times

Did you know that Zach LaVine, who currently plays for the Chicago Bulls, now holds one of the same records as Michael Jordan? Zach LaVine scored a career-high of 51 points in the game against the Detroit Pistons on October 28, 2023. LaVine scored more than half of the points earned for the team. According to the official ESPN website, LaVine is the first Bulls player to pull this off since Michael Jordan in 1996. Unfortunately, at the end of the fourth quarter, the Pistons won 118-102. Of those 51 points, LaVine scored 7 three-pointers, according to the official NBA website, to help the Chicago Bulls. 

Zach LaVine joined the Bulls in 2017 after being traded from the Minnesota Timberwolves. He has 21 games where he’s scored 40+ points. When he was younger he used to play baseball. Later on he started playing basketball. According to the NBA website, LaVine got noticed in his senior year when he averaged 28.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game. LaVine has a long road ahead of him in basketball and we are waiting to see what he has pulled up his sleeve next.