A Year in Review: Final Broadcast for Raider News (23-24)
Kaitlyn Urbanowicz, Olivia Abbott, Ella Cottman, Simona Juknyte, Lili Olson, and Amelia BuhleApril 22, 2024

The True MVP

There is one award that only a small number of people get per season, and that is NFL MVP.  Lamar Jackson won his second MVP award in the 2023-2024 NFL season. Jackson has played for the Baltimore Ravens for his entire career and is likely to play for them again next season. The Ravens, led by Lamar Jackson, were first place in the AFC North conference and ended the season with a record of 13-4.

Lamar Jackson is only 27 years old and was born on January 7, 1997 in Pompano Beach, Florida. Jackson grew up with one younger brother and two younger sisters. Jackson grew up in an economically distressed part of Pompano Beach. However, he was able to play football at Boynton Beach High School. Jackson played football throughout his high school years, becoming a prized member of the team known for his impressive skills and being an open-minded player. After high school, Jackson committed to the University of Louisville, where he continued his football career.

After Jackson graduated college, he decided to pursue a professional career in the NFL, and in 2018 he was round 1 pick 32. Jackson entered the NFL league when he was only 21, which is considered young. Only one year later, in 2019, Jackson won his first MVP with the Ravens, leading his team to 13-2 as a starter. Lamar Jackson has proven himself to be a valuable player for the Ravens and was chosen to receive another MVP award during the 2023-2024 season. Lamar Jackson has worked hard for this award, coming from a small town to playing for an NFL team and winning awards for playing a sport that he loves.