A Year in Review: Final Broadcast for Raider News (23-24)
Kaitlyn Urbanowicz, Olivia Abbott, Ella Cottman, Simona Juknyte, Lili Olson, and Amelia BuhleApril 22, 2024

Set Hike!

Set+Hike%21

There is one Sunday night each year that everybody looks forward to and that’s Super Bowl Sunday! On February 11th Super Bowl LVIII will take place at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. The two teams facing off in the Super Bowl are the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs. 

The San Francisco 49ers have won five Super Bowls since the founding of the team. They won the Super Bowls 16,19, 23, 24 and 29. The 49ers have a record of 12-5 going into the Super Bowl led by quarterback Brock Purdy. Brock is only 24 years old and was the last pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. However, he has proved everyone wrong by leading his team to the playoffs. Additionally Christan McCaffery, who is the running back for the 49ers, has led the team with 21 touchdowns throughout the season and 4 more during the playoffs. McCaffery has been a key contributor to the team’s advancement throughout the 2023-2024 season. The 49ers made their way into the final by beating the Detroit Lions 34-31 on January 28th. 

The Kansas City Chiefs have won three Super Bowls since their creation. The Chiefs have won Super Bowl 4, 54 and 57. The Chiefs have a record of 11-6 going into the playoffs. The Chiefs are led by quarterback Patrick Mahomes who has won 2 out of the 3 Super Bowls for the team. Their running back, Isiah Pacheco, had the most touchdowns during the 2023-2024 season with 9 touchdowns. The Chiefs played the Baltimore Ravens and won 17-10 on January 28th. 

While many teams didn’t make the playoffs, people are now either rooting for the 49ers or the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. The winning probability for the 49ers is 54% while the Chiefs are at 46% and the 49ers also have a two-point favorite over the Chiefs for the playoffs. The playoffs are coming in quickly so it’s time to figure out who you are rooting for to win.