Will D87 Stay Hybrid?

Source%3A+www.dupagehealth.org%2Fcovid19data+

Source: www.dupagehealth.org/covid19data

Maya Page, News Writer

Recently, many students have returned to Glenbard South in- person through the hybrid learning model.
The Glenbard District had four targets that needed to be met for it to make its switch back into hybrid learning. First of all, there needed to be less than three confirmed cases of COVID-19 found through contact tracing. Next, if a staff member was quarantining for any reason, it could not interfere with or prevent wide-scale in person learning. Third, an adequate amount of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment such as masks and gloves) was needed for staff members. Fourth, an adequate amount of sanitizing and deep cleaning supplies were needed.
When the district met these four targets, it was ready to transition into hybrid or in person learning.
Although the start of the Hybrid learning model had originally been set to September 8th, it was delayed until October 19th.
Currently, the district is in its third week of this model.
On Monday, October 19th, however, coinciding with the day Glenbard schools began the hybrid learning model, the Dupage County Health Department, along with the Dupage County Regional Office of Education released a statement that recommended schools in Dupage County switch to fully remote.
In this statement, it was explained that the level of COVID-19 activity -meaning the rise in cases- in Dupage County had met the “Substantial” level for community transmission.
Because Dupage County had now reached this “Substantial” level of community
transmission, it was advised for schools to switch to fully remote learning.

The Glenbard district will follow a set of metrics based on the Dupage County Health Department (DCHD) data, as well as occurrences within the schools, to determine whether all students will go fully remote.
The Glenbard District will switch to fully remote learning either if a single DCHD metric remains “Substantial” for three weeks or if both metrics for the DCHD are “Substantial” for two weeks. This would cause one or more schools to halt daily operations as well as cause the DCHD to become concerned that transmission is happening within schools.
Furthermore, the Glenbard District will switch to fully remote if an unexpected event occurs, causing the school’s environment to become unsafe.
Finally, the Glenbard District will switch to fully remote if the Governor of Illinois transitions the County, State or Region back into phase three of the Restore Illinois Plan.