‘Hamilton Mixtape’

Photo+courtesy+of+hypable+
Photo courtesy of hypable

Photo courtesy of hypable

Photo courtesy of hypable

Jocelyn Soto, Scoop writer

There has been much hype over the best worldwide phenomenon known musical on broadway, “Hamilton.” People all over the world are saving up money to buy tickets, have the soundtrack on replay and are head-over-heels obsessed. “Hamilton” is one of the biggest shows on Broadway as of this past year. It is based off of Alexander Hamilton’s life and all the tragedies he went through during his life.

“The Hamilton Mixtape” has included famous musical artists such as Kelly Clarkson, Usher, Sia, Alicia Keys, John Legend and many others have been involved in the making of this album. Comparing it to “Hamilton’s” original album, the mixtape is very upbeat and modern. However, with all the professional collaborations the producer, Lin-Manuel Miranda. He had a tough time figuring out who he wanted on the album and who to collaborate with.

The idea for the mixtape started when Miranda listened to The Roots’ questlove, all these memories came back to him, and everything clicked together. Since then, Miranda and Questlove partnered up and created The “Hamilton Mixtape” together.The creators of this have focused on making this mixtape especially appealing to young listeners, while still also being appealing to adults and older listeners. “‘Hamilton’ is the balance that hip-hop needed. It’s changing the conversation.”

“Hamilton” alone has already been a extreme success in the theater world and is slowly stealing everyone’s hearts at while the mixtape as well. It can easily be found on Apple Music, Spotify, and any other sort of music app that is out there. The only trick is, half of the soundtrack for the mixtape has yet to be released, but with the already released mixtape, there is a promise that there will not be any disappointments with the remaining music that is yet to come.