“The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store”: American Progress
Abby Edwards, Scoop Writer • May 3, 2024

In “The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store” by James McBride, It is no secret that Chicken Hill is a place of struggle, and in 1930, Jews and African Americans had to depend...

The Diverse Artistry of Glenbard

The 2024 Art Show Poster
The 2024 Art Show Poster

This year, Glenbard South took its turn hosting the annual District 87 Art Show. Students walked past a multitude of different colors, styles and scenes in the commons hallway, as well as handcrafted pieces of many different mediums in the art display case. 

These pieces were chosen from students’ works across the district, with all four schools submitting a plethora of creations. Junior art student Mikey Alam described how seeing art from other schools gave him “inspiration and motivation to proceed with [his] own artistic and creative liberties.” 

Alam and fellow artist Zoe Price agreed it also allowed them to form connections with students in other schools, putting a face to the art they helped set up to feature. 

Families, friends and all district visitors viewed the artists’ hard work on the evening of January 22nd. South hosted a reception to showcase the displays and the students who created them. 

AP Art student Maxine Domecka shared why students should stop to appreciate the art while it is featured. “So much hard work was put into each piece by each artist and they’re made to make you feel messages embedded in them,” Domecka elaborated. 

Glenbard South’s own individual art show will be held April 30th, 2024.