Baseball Update

Ryan Vozza, Sports Editor

The Glenbard South boys baseball team led by coach Marco Eufrasio who is entering his third year as the varsity coach here at South. This year’s team will look to rely on young but experienced talent. The team is led by senior captains, John McMahon and Drew Vozza with only seven other seniors on the team. The Raiders lost a very large amount of players from last year due to graduation seniors and players not returning. This returning group of players hope to improve last year’s outcome after falling to Montini in the regional final, a game that saw the Raiders blow a lead late in the game causing them to lose.

This year, an immense amount of juniors have joined the team. Coming back from last year’s varsity squad are Michael Nathe, Jack Dupuis, Jacob Cyrus, Cooper Wilson and Easton Lange. The team also has nine players coming up from last year’s very successful sophomore team.

Entering the Upstate 8 conference, the Raiders have high hopes for this season, as many know this is not one of the strongest baseball conferences in Illinois today. So far, the team has opened up conference play with a record of 9-3. The Raiders have won each of the three game series they have played in except against South Elgin. Their latest victory came against Glenbard East in an away matchup.

The team will look to continue this success in the second half of their season. The players hope to improve on their fall in regionals last year through in attempt at another regional final. This year the game will be on their own field with the chance at bringing home the regional title to South.