Wrestling Season 2018-19 Preview

Ryan Vozza, Sports Editor

The Glenbard South 2018-19 wrestling team has had big shoes to fill following a very successful season last year. Led by head coach Derrick Crenshaw, the team will only be returning with six wrestlers. Returning to the roster will be seniors Edin Ahmetovic, Jordan Bolivar and Mark Wilson. Returning juniors will include Hector Andres, Ethan Valentino and Ivan Zuniga.
      The team will be also adding six new wrestlers to the roster including five underclassmen. Newcomers will be senior Xavier Herring, junior Frankie Frulla, Sophomores Tony Ashley, Breanden Fearon and Faiz Hameed and freshman Chris Carr.
      The boys will enter their first season in the Upstate Eight Conference coming off a Metro Suburban Conference championship. In last seasons conference meet, the team had six members place which included four wrestlers who will be returning this season. The team has also set the bar set high for them as seven of their eleven wrestlers advanced to sectionals last season.
      Looking at this year, the team will hope to use its experience from the returning wrestlers to help motivate and teach the newcomers what this winning program has been about.

The teams next meet is on Friday 12-14, at South Elgin against South Elgin and Larkin.