Boys golf goes undefeated

Aliyah Edelstein, Sports Writer

The Glenbard South Boys Varsity Golf Team has had a successful season. The boys were undefeated in their conference with a 9-0 record, setting a high bar for competition at the conference tournament.

As a team, the Raiders Golfers had two goals for this season. The first goal was to win conference, and the second was to be the conference tournament champs. Conference is the divisional games while the conference tournament determines the title of the winning school in each division. They completed these goals triumphantly.

Regarding the boys plan to win the conference tournament, Coach Yudys said, “Everyday the team has the goal to outwork yesterday. We feel like if we can do that then by the end of the season we will be successful”.

The Raiders competed in The Upstate 8 conference tournament on September 26, at St. Andrews Golf Course. South won the conference tournament with a score of 332. The Boys Varsity Golf Team was the first team at Glenbard South to win in the new Upstate 8 division.

Adding to the celebration of victory, four of the South golfers were named All Conference, which isolates the best players in the conference and district. These include junior Michael Nathe who won the tournament with a score of 79, junior Jacob Cyrus who placed fourth, senior Tommy Brennan who placed seventh, and freshman Jack Michelon who placed eleventh.

All of the boys on the Varsity Golf Team has made Glenbard South proud, and heightened the excitement for next years season.