South simulates emergency situations

Sabine Kempfe, Nation Editor

Glenbard South held an evacuation drill yesterday on Tuesday, September 27. Students and teachers discussed lock-down and off-campus emergency procedures. As part of the evacuation, the student body, accompanied by the staff, walked down to the College of DuPage to practice what to do in a real emergency situation.

About the Contributors
Sabine Kempfe, Editor-In-Chief

Sabine is a senior at Glenbard South and the co-editor-in-chief of The Independent. She is also the editor for the Nation section, and the editor for the weekly video announcements. In addition to her work on the newspaper staff, Sabine is involved in Students 4 Students and NHS. She is one of the two representatives for Quill And Scroll at Glenbard South. Outside of school, Sabine likes to draw and paint.

Patrick Poirier, Editor

Patrick is a senior at Glenbard South and the photography editor for The Independent. Additionally, he is the editor for the Lenses section. Patrick is also the president and founder of Fashion Club, while also involved in clubs such as Natural Helpers, NHS, and more. He is one of the two representatives for Quill And Scroll at South. In his free time, Patrick likes to run, take pictures, and travel.