Athletic Training Club

Abigail Hendricksen, School News Writer

Glenbard South has a variety of different clubs that students can be involved in. One of the amazing club options is the Athletic Training club. While in this club, students will be able to shadow the Athletic Trainers of Glenbard South, Jess Erwin and Anna Messmore. Members perform small tasks in order to further their knowledge within this profession. This could include wrapping ankles, fingers, and wrists, assisting in heating and cooling injured muscles, and being out on the field or court during sporting events. 

Being a part of this club is a great way for students to broaden their horizons in regards to future job opportunities. By taking part in this club, students have the ability to learn things that they would have not been able to do anywhere else. One student participant, sophomore Joy Shim said, “My favorite part of being in the club is helping out Jess and Anna and hanging with friends.” Not only is this club an educational experience, it is also a great opportunity to meet new people. 

If you enjoy keeping up with the Athletics of Glenbard South and would like to be a part of a fun and face-paced club make sure to join next semesters Athletic Training club. This is a great way to fill in free time especially if you would like to pursue a career 

within this field. Contact [email protected] if you have any further questions.