South student creates book review page

Zainab Talha, Scoop Editor

Glenbard South student (and the Independent’s very own co-editor-in-chief!) Sana Muneer’s book reviews are beautiful and detailed works to enjoy.

Muneer runs an Instagram page with the handle @sm.reads.books where she regularly posts book reviews. Her reviews primarily center around popular young adult novels and are perfect for teenagers and high school students. In each review, the cover of the book, a short summary, a review and quotes from the book can be found. The summaries and reviews are concise and detailed, giving people just the right amount of information needed to be enticed or warned about the book. 

Additionally, each one of her posts is beautifully designed with a central theme. It makes it easy to read and view as well as the page aesthetically appealing. 

Muneer said she started a book account because she loves to read. “Reading has always been such a big part of my life ever since I was a little kid,” she said in an interview. She conveyed that she wants to inspire others to read through her account. 

To those that have a hard time reading, Muneer wanted to assert that it is just about finding the right book. She tells others to explore various genres and find books that are parallel to their interests. Even getting recommendations from friends and family can be helpful, because it allows people to relate to those around them. 

Muneer also runs a book club that meets once a month on Sundays. The club is currently reading “People We Meet on Vacation” by Emily Henry. Links to her page and book club can be found here: https://linktr.ee/sm.reads.books

Muneer closed off by encouraging others, “Everyone is a reader. It just takes time finding the right book.”