Jujutsu Kaisen Review

Source%3A+IMDb

Source: IMDb

Rachel Torres, Scoop Writer

Here’s what’s up: I am so late to the Jujutsu Kaisen game. Jujitsu Kaisen came out in Japan on October 3rd, 2020. Let me say, this anime is worth the watch. From the complex characters to a great plot line, this anime needs to be added to your watch list. With season one having 24 episodes, it’s an easy watch, with animation that is absolutely beautiful. The season began with a promising start and finished with an equally promising ending.

The main protagonist, Yuji Itadori, is a very likable character. He is kind and compassionate. Itadori lived a normal high school life. One night after his grandfather passed away, he followed his grandfather’s last words that wanted him to help as many people as possible. He saw his friends in danger and decided to run in and help. This later led him to consume a curse named Sukana’s finger. This causes Itadori to become Sukana’s human vessel. Itadori then gets recruited and decides to join the school Jujutsu High as a Jujutsu Sorcerer to live through his grandfather’s last words.

What I really enjoy about this anime is that we get to see a backstory of so many of the characters besides Itadori. The stories of their upbringings as well as why the characters acted the way they did. I really enjoyed this, because I find it important to learn about all the characters in depth to get a better understanding. 

I also found the animations absolutely beautiful. The fight scenes were perfectly made, and the detail was absolutely insane. Also, this show wasn’t all action;  there was also comedy. Scenes here and there made me laugh, so there was never a dull moment while watching. You will get hooked from the first episode.

My personal favorite character in the series is Satoru Gojo. Gojo is a special grade jujutsu sorcerer and a teacher at the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College. Being a special grade jujutsu sorcerer means he is extremely powerful. Satoru Gojo is a very tall and beautiful man. He has white hair and wears a black mask or sunglasses over his blue eyes. He usually wears long sleeved clothing. Gojo is a very complex character. He is extremely confident in his abilities. He is witty and playful with his students, but unsympathetic towards sorcerer executives. Sometimes he may come off as cold, but he is truly a caring person to those he cares for. 

A disclaimer is that there is violence and the subject of death recurring throughout the series. Also some might find Itadori consuming Sukana’s fingers a little disturbing. Finally, I recommend once you finish the series to check out the manga for more of the story. A season two is confirmed but probably will take a year or two to start to air. This anime is going to go even further than it already has, so hop on the train before the next season begins!

Rating: 9/10