Celebrating the end of tradition

Laurel Bacote and Kaitlin Clark, Editors-in-Chief

The Madrigal Singers has performed annually at a banquet called the Madrigal Dinner during the holiday season. Guests have experienced talented singers perform Renaissance holiday music with authentic costumes while eating a three-course dinner, consisting of soup, chicken, dessert and a beverage.

After almost 37 years of tradition, though, this year was Glenbard South’s final Madrigal Dinner. Next year, they will reinvent the concept of traditional caroling. Junior Madrigal Marina D’Agostino, said, “I love the Madrigal Dinner, and I’ll certainly miss it, but I’m really excited for what next year has in store for the Madrigals. We’re going to have some new music in the venue, and I hope that it’ll interest more of the community and students!”

Junior Madrigal Melissa Padera added, “Although I’m sad about the discontinuation of the Madrigal feast, I am very excited about what is to come next year. It will be more interactive with the community which is always fun!”

Although it has always been sad to see the end of a tradition that has been loved and that everyone has been familiar with, there will also be excitement as everyone anticipates what will happen with the start of the new tradition.