A Year in Review: Final Broadcast for Raider News (23-24)
Kaitlyn Urbanowicz, Olivia Abbott, Ella Cottman, Simona Juknyte, Lili Olson, and Amelia BuhleApril 22, 2024

Archives

Raider Dance Team Makes State Finals

Raider Dance Team Makes State Finals

The 2023-24 Raider Dance Team (RDT) has done it again! RDT qualified for IHSA State for their fourth year, 2024 being the third year in a row for the team to do so. The Raiders left for Bloomington, Illinois on January 25th after their congratulatory send-off from the students and faculty of Glenbard South. Sophomore Kate Miller expressed her pride and excitement about the team’s advancement to State by saying, “We had the best turnout this year and it made me feel very motivated and supported.”

Leading up to the competition, the dance team prepared by practicing three times a week. When they arrived in Bloomington, the dancers went to the gymnasium to rehearse for their dances on Thursday night and before their performance. After all their hard work, the team was ready to perform.

RDT performed on Friday, January 26th where they placed 11th overall, qualifying for IHSA State Finals. Finals came on January 27th and each of the dancers gave it their best effort on their last day of the competition. The scores came in and the Raider Dance Team had earned 11th place!           

Each dancer had put in so much effort over their long season. It was all rewarded with their astonishing performance and raider pride displayed at the competition. Glenbard South continues to be amazed by its dancers who have no intention of stopping their hard work. Miller reflects on the weekend by sharing how she “enjoyed getting to spend the weekend with the best team in the world.”