A Picturesque Word of Hobbits

Source%3A+IMDb

Source: IMDb

Amina Irfanullah, Scoop Writer

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring begins with the end of the Hobbit series. It is a continuation showing what happens after Bilbo Baggins passes down the Ring to his cousin, Frodo Baggins. This starts Frodo’s long and perilous journey to destroy the Ring and bring an end to Sauron, the original owner of the Ring and the one who is still after its power. If Sauron were to attain the Ring again, the world as they know it would be completely destroyed.

The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring only shows the first part of Frodo’s journey and how he assembles a team. This movie is an excellent action packed adventure for students to watch on the weekend. The plot and characters are never boring, rather they are enchanting and reel the viewer into their mystical world of hobbits and wizards. This is the perfect late night movie to watch alone or with friends as it is entertaining and engaging, especially if someone is not sleeping.

The Fellowship of the Ring is rated an 8.8/10 on IMDB by over a million people. The cast includes people like Elijah Wood and Ian McKellan. The duration is almost three hours long. The scenery is absolutely breathtaking and truly captures the novels more accurately than any other movies based on novels. 

Since this is based on a book, many people may think the book is better. Although the book is a masterpiece, it is very wordy to capture every detail, making readers less interested. The movie captures almost all components of the book making it perfect for high schoolers or anybody who would want to learn more about the world of hobbits. 

Overall, the Lord of the Rings is an amazing movie for high schoolers to watch by themselves, or with friends, because of the raging action and stunning scenery.