Opportunities to get involved

Ellie Hecker, Nation Writer

If you are a student who wants to get involved in school and join a community, here are a few of the many clubs at Glenbard South:

Black Education United
Advisor: Carmen Teague
Email: [email protected]
Club Information: A club that celebrates African-American history, culture, music, and current events! We will participate in learning activities, fun activities, and special events! THE CLUB IS OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS.

BEST BUDDIES
Advisor: Michael Douglas & Teresa Maras
Email: [email protected] & [email protected]
Club Information: Best Buddies is a national program designed to work with students with special needs and build relationships inside and outside of school.

BOOK CLUB
Advisor: Diane Mankowski
Email: [email protected]
Club Information:The Book Club Mission Statement is to expand members’ personal literary experience by reading and discussing works chosen by the students in a friendly and open atmosphere. The club provides a safe and welcoming environment for teens to develop a lifelong interest in and appreciation for reading and learning. All are welcome.

CHESS CLUB
Advisor: Allen McWilliams
Email: [email protected]
Club Information: To develop knowledge on how to use tactics and strategies, have fun and a challenging experience and meet a lot of new people.

COOKING4KIDS
Advisor: Cynthia McManus
Email: [email protected]
Club Information: Cooking4Kids is a volunteer based club that is centered around cooking at the Ronald McDonald House, helping those that are struggling and going through traumatic times.

DREAMERS CLUB
Advisor: Gloria Chapa-Resendez
Email: [email protected]
Club Information: Dreamers club provides an opportunity for students to get to know each other and work towards developing goals for the future. Time is committed to college planning, exploring options for higher education.

EARTH ACTION NETWORK
Advisor: Michelle Antonelli
Email: [email protected]
Club Information: To develop an appreciation and better understanding of environmental issues through activities and projects.

FASHION CLUB
Advisor: Christa Gifford
Email: [email protected]
Club Information: Fashion Club is a club whose members have one thing in common—they love fashion!! The clubs meets at least twice a month at school to participate in activities based on their interest. Items include, fashion shows, workshops and DIYs, fashion trend research, fashion sketching, field trips and fundraisers and learn from guest speakers

FLAGS
Advisor: Alivia Guagenti
Email: [email protected] (out-of-building sponsor)
Club Information: An integral part of the Marching Raider Band for all home varsity football games, pep rallies, and various community and national marching band festivals.

GENDER EQUALITY
Advisor: TBD
Email: [email protected]
Club Information: The mission of the Gender Equality Club is to bring together students dedicated to shedding light on issues of gender inequality through conversations, research. All students are welcome come and learn!