The Smartest Smart Phone

Courtesy of NDTV Gadgets

Talha Shaikh, Cutting Edge Writer

In the current smartphone world, there are arguably three companies which dominate the market. Apple, Samsung and a relatively recent player, Google. First, Apple popularized the smartphone. All of the major phone companies followed in the footsteps of Apple. For many years, it has been Apple vs Samsung, and people have always chosen a side, Apple having advantages with its simple design, while Samsung storage and a working feel has helped their case, but a new competitor is in town.

Google saw this as an opportunity and capitalized on it. Separating itself from Samsung and Apple, the Google Pixel is a great alternative for people looking for something different. Its been over a year since the very first Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL were released. Now, Google followed it up by releasing The Google Pixel 2 and the Google Pixel 2 XL. And if watching reviews has told me one thing, it is that I cannot describe the phone in one word. Rather, I would describe it as “the almost perfect, smartest smartphone there is”. This is a lot to digest, but Google has almost made the perfect phone.

Google almost nailed it. They almost made the perfect phone. It is not the best in every category, but overall does not disappoint in any one of them. Google’ss camera is near perfection. The pictures come out really crisp and clear. Google’s main objective was to make all the colors true-tone and as natural as possible. However, they achieved this at a cost. Toning down the colors of the picture on the color spectrum, allowing less color vibrancy than most modern phones.

Not only is the camera true tone and more lifelike, the phone boasts a lot of storage. It is also waterproof and can withstand water and dust for a time, and can go underwater up to three feet. Because of the water and dust resistance, Google cut the headphone jack. This may be seen as an inconvenience, but clears up space for other new features.

The second part of the description is that it is the “smartest iPhone there is”. The Google Pixel is like a student being tutored by a lifelong mentor. Not only does the phone learn and get smarter every time you use it, but it also knows you. It almost seems like it is a full step ahead of you. Google encourages users to use Google assistance in the beginning to get to know you. The whole phone’s features depend on using Google assistance a lot. Just squeezing the phone activates Google assistance. Not only is it accessible, but it is also smart and learns day by day.

All in all, a phone this smart would not at all disappoint any person. Not only is it much cheaper than its competitors, it is a unique choice. A phone which offers cutting edge technology, without much flash, stands out from the rest of its competitors. The Google Pixel is a phone for just about anyone, with a simple clean design, yet has the same features as a work phone.