How to have fun and stay safe after prom

Photo courtesy of www.elpaso441.com

Sebastian Lilly, Writer

Are you going to prom and can not figure out what you want to do after? There is a wide variety of activities you can do after prom.

One of the more popular activities for high school students to do after prom is to go to the beach. There are beaches in Chicago and Indiana, and if you want to go for a long drive, you could go all the way to the Michigan Dunes. The only problem with beaches is you will need warm and sunny weather.

If you and your friends are the outdoorsy types, consider going on a camping trip after prom. Blackwell offers sixty-four permits, ranging from $8 to $40 for its camping grounds, and it is a quiet place with a lot of woods.

Another great place for those who do not mind the drive is Starved Rock. It has great camping grounds. Not only are you able to camp there, but you can hike early in the morning to see the sun rise. The only money you need to spend on camping is on a tent and a permit, depending on the place. A one to two person tent will cost you around $150. Buying a camping spot at blackwell will cost you $20 per person and that is not including wood.

For the thrill seeking goers, Six Flags is a great place to spend your day. For a $48.99, one can ride a handful of roller coasters and other rides. A few things to expect at Six Flags are that one will be spending a lot of money on food, like funnel cakes, pop, turkey legs and Slurpees.

There are plenty of ideas for things one can do after prom instead of sitting at home.