Habitat for humanity

Olivia Kempfe, Nation Writer

With the start of the new school year, students are looking to begin the year with a fresh start by expanding the activities they participate in. Whether it is concern over college, looking to try something new, or wanting to be more involved, any moral reason to join a new club is a good reason. Habitat for Humanity is a great club to join as it allows one to help the community, participate in a school club and it looks fantastic on college applications. 

Habitat for Humanity Club is an exceptional opportunity for students to experience helping out their community in a way that is connected to both school and the real world. The Habitat for Humanity organization itself is a nonprofit organization that raises funds to help families build and improve places that they call home. At Glenbard South, students in Habitat for Humanity help to collect a portion of the funds and may assist in the building of a home toward the end of the school year. 

Habitat for Humanity Club leader, junior Paige Pohla, stated, “Habitat for Humanity is a great resource that connects school and the real world.”

Habitat for Humanity will begin its annual fundraising for the Glen Ellyn food pantry in November and will continue for the entirety of that month. Those who sign up to be Habitat “studs” will carry buckets around with them throughout the school day collecting money. More information will be available later in the school year. 

Habitat for Humanity meets once a month on Thursdays starting on September 12th in room 203. Contact club sponsor Mr. McWilliams @[email protected] for more information