Seniors should have to take final exams second semester

Yusra Asif, Journalism Student

The importance of final exams has been debated with students throughout different schools, usually towards the end of a semester. With that being said, students learn a substantial amount of new material over the course of a semester and are expected to review it all over and over again, until they have successfully understood the material and feel confident enough to further progress with newer material.

Therefore, it is extremely important that seniors be obligated to take final exams, whether it be both semesters or just second semester. All school staff members are well aware that seniors have it tough and get more advanced material during class in order to prepare them for college level workload. It is vital that all seniors understand the importance of knowing what they are learning for it will most likely reappear in college. It is clear, through experience, that the best way to do this is to take the cumulative final exam at the end of the semester.

High school is all about preparing oneself for college. Teachers do this by reinforcing knowledge on specific topics being taught in class. Since college is hard work, high school gives every student the opportunity to ready themselves for the challenges they may face once they enter the world of college.

With all this being said, final exams are very important for students, especially seniors, as they make their way into the real world. Additionally, the purpose of final exams is to measure how much a student has learned in a few months of a course. Exams are the most efficient way to testing your knowledge. They greatly benefit students for the future because exams make students more responsible for learning the material taught as well as properly understanding it.

Finals are beneficial in the long run, and we are better off with them, even if taking away these exams may relieve stress on seniors. Overall, It is important that seniors understand the fact that final exams prepare them for future college exams as well as college level content.