Student Council contributes to school

Student council executive officers Michael Zima (left), Cooper Reif (middle), and Emily Gasparro (right).

photo courtesy of Michael Zima

Olivia Kempfe, Writer

Ever feel like teachers have way too much power over the events that occur at school? Student Council is a club that gives students a say in what events occur, how they are planned out, and how they are executed. Student Council is open to all students who want to join. Upcoming events that Student Council will plan include Homecoming week and Turnabout. Student Council also will plan spirit days.

Currently, the executive president of Student Council is senior Cooper Reif, the vice president is senior Michael Zima and the treasurer is senior Emily Gasparro. Student Council is a great way to contribute to the school, as it gives every student an opportunity to put out their ideas on different events that take place in the Raider community. The club is open to all grade levels. “If you want to stop by and come in, there’s definitely a spot for you to help,” said Reif.

Student Council meets before school on Wednesdays in room 308. For updates on Student Council, you can check out its Twitter, @gbsstudentco. You can also contact Reif, Zima or Gasparro with any questions regarding the club.