Students strive to strengthen community

Tina+Zupec+supervises+the+cards+for+the+military+event+with+a+smile+on+her+face.+

Patrick Poirier

Tina Zupec supervises the cards for the military event with a smile on her face.

Kasia Szot, Nation Writer

Students for Students is a club at Glenbard South that promotes helping out the community. Its primary focus is getting people educated about mental and physical health, as well as spreading awareness about common issues such as drug abuse, depression, and military involvement.

This club, as its name states, is run for students by the students. Some of their events include the Red Ribbon Week, Life Live Well Week  and cards for military members.

The club advisors are currently Tina Zupec and Terese Maras, along with the student presidents being Glenbard South juniors Sabine Kempfe and Patrick Poirier. They all received very positive feedback about all the events they have run. They really do touch the lives of many students. “I have been running Students for Students for five years now, and I have stuck with it because it gives me a nice connection to positive school culture,” said Zupec.  

The club meets once a week on Friday mornings in room 62 and is in need of new people to join. “The best part of Students for Students is the fact that you get to submit your own ideas and your input does matter. It’s not just based off a certain schedule” said Poirier.

Anyone can join; all are welcome!