Best Buddies rock it at fashion show

Ashraf Abu-sirrieh, Writer

Best Buddies hosted its annual fashion show, which was held in the little theater at Glenbard South, on December 8th.

Best Buddies hosts a fashion show every year. To prepare it has two hour practices on Tuesday and Thursday. At rehearsal, the members will practice walking the cat-walk and talk with the students participating about how the process of the show.The members also need to discuss decorations and other issues on the setup of the show. Even though the show is free, donations will be appreciated.
  Best Buddies is a club where students with special needs at South and other Glenbard South Raiders start flourishing friendships. “To me Best Buddies is making new friends and helping kids with any special needs to have fun and feel loved,” said senior Wafa Hossain.

Mrs. Maras, advisor of Best Buddies said, “It has established social interaction for students with special needs and a natural high school experience.”

Members meet with their buddies at least twice a month, but many choose to meet with their buddies weekly. Senior Adam Puchalski has been in Best Buddies for all four years of high school. “Best Buddies has been a great impact on my life and has helped me create life lasting friendships along the way.”