Top four safe activities for after prom

GiDeanLeigh Helck, Writer

It is a Saturday, but not just any Saturday; it is the Saturday of your senior prom, and the last song is almost over. Sure the pictures were long, and the dinner was okay, but you are having the night of your life, and it is just the beginning.

For many people the dance is only half of the excitement. The Sunday after provides time to make extravagant plans for an entire weekend of fun. If you are stuck on what to do after prom, hopefully this list will give you a few ideas so you can have the weekend of your life.

1. Ackerman Post Prom

Photo courtesy of www.dailyherald.com
Photo courtesy of www.dailyherald.com

Last year, Glenbard South High School provided a fun, safe and cheap post-prom for all juniors and seniors. Since it was such a huge success, South is once again hosting a post-prom extravaganza the night of May 21. For $15 you can experience bouncy houses, an escape room, massages, movies, psychic readings and games that include prizes such as Lollapalooza tickets, cash and more. Flyers are available in the Main Office. Tickets will also be sold at the door for $20 at Ackerman Sports & Fitness Center.

Ackerman Sports & Fitness Center

Address: 800 St, Charles Road, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

Phone:(630) 317-0130

Hours: 11:30p.m.-3a.m.

2. Warren Dunes State Park

Photo courtesy of www.mlive.com
Photo courtesy of www.mlive.com

The Warren Dunes State Park, located in Sawyer, Michigan, is a great place to spend the Sunday after prom. The park has a beautiful lake side view with family friendly beaches that will make for a fun day of grilling, swimming or simply soaking in the sun. There are multiple campgrounds if you want to spend a night outdoors and a clean bathroom/changing area where you can shower and change before your long car ride home. It is the perfect place to kick your feet up and relax after a night filled with dancing.

Warren Dunes State Park

Address: Sawyer, MI 49125

Hours: 8a.m.–6p.m

3. Movie Night

Photo courtesy of lifehacker.com
Photo courtesy of lifehacker.com

Looking to have a fun post-prom on a low budget? Grab a few friends and have an at home movie night. Netflix provides a number of movies that you and your friends can laugh, cry and dance to. Some of the top hits on Netflix include A Study in Sherlock, Bring It On: All or Nothing, Kevin Hart Presents Keith Robinson: Back of The Bus Funny, Batman Begins and American Heist. Make some microwave popcorn and let the fun begin.

4. Six Flags

Photo courtesy of www.elpaso441.com
Photo courtesy of www.elpaso441.com

Are you or your date looking for a thrill to keep you close? What better way to keep the excitement than on a two-hundred-foot roller coaster. Six Flags has an assortment of rides including sixteen water rides and fifteen roller coasters.  An individual one day ticket begins at $48.99, but you can find deals online when purchasing tickets for a party. The smallest number for a “party” is twenty people. You also can purchase your tickets online in advance and pay $34.50 per person, which is half the price if you were to pay at the gate!

Six Flags Great America

Address: 1 Great America Parkway, Gurnee, IL 60031

Phone: (847) 249-1776

Hours: Vary depending on day

PLEASE STAY SAFE! Prom is supposed to be a fun end of the year activity. Your actions will reflect on the school and the community, so safety precautions are advised. Have the night of your life and enjoy an awesome post-prom as well.